Thursday, March 30, 2017

Who Are Not Required and Exempt To File An Income Tax Return?

Did you know that there are individuals who are not required and exempt to file an Income Tax Return

You may consider the standard that you are not required to file an income tax return as follows: 

1. Compensations income of Minimum Wage Earners (MWEs) who work in the private sector and being paid the Statutory Minimum Wage (SMW), as fixed by Regional Tripartite Wage and Productivity Board (RTWPB)/National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC), applicable to the place where he/she is assigned. (Revenue Regulations (RR) No. 10-2008 (B) (13) / Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 91-2010)

2. Your gross income (total earned for the past year) does not exceed your total personal and additional exemptions. (In General)

3. Your income derived from a single employer does not exceed P60,000 and the income tax on which has been correctly withheld.

4. Your income has been subjected to final withholding taxFinal Withholding Tax is a kind of withholding tax which is prescribed on certain income payments and is not creditable against the income tax due of the payee on other income subject to regular rates of tax for the taxable year. Income Tax withheld constitutes the full and final payment of the Income Tax due from the payee on the particular income subjected to final withholding tax.

5. You are qualified for substituted filing. 


5.1 You are employed by a single employer during the taxable year.

5.2 You earn purely compensation income from that single employer.

5.3 Your tax due at the year’s end equals the tax withheld by the employer.

5.4 If you are married, your spouse also complies with the above conditions.

5.5 Your employer files the annual information return (BIR Form No.1604-CF).

5.6 Your employer issues BIR Form No.2316 to every employee.

You are exempt from filing income tax returns if:

You are a non-resident citizen who is:

1. A Filipino citizen not residing in the Philippines, but who has established with the BIR that you wish to remain living outside the country.

2. A Filipino citizen who leaves the Philippines during the taxable year to reside abroad, either as an immigrant of for permanent employment.

3. A Filipino citizen who works and earns income abroad.

4. A Filipino citizen previously considered a non-resident citizen.

5. You are an overseas Filipino worker whose income is derived solely from sources outside the Philippines.

6. If you are Filipino citizen working as an overseas seaman, your vessel must be engaged exclusively in international trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment